Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Georgia's Offensive POY going to be a Hawkeye?

Mason has been invited back for another camp at Georgia scheduled for July 18, although the quarterback also has a 7-on-7 competition scheduled with his Lassiter team for that same day. Currently, Mason's only big-time offer is from Iowa, but he believes more may soon be on the way. At least he hopes so."I'm hoping if I can get one or two from the SEC, others will be on the way," Mason said. "I think a lot of doors would open." Mason's numbers are certainly eye-popping.As a junior, he completed 292 of 420 passes (69.5%) for 3,705 yards and 31 touchdowns. After leading Lassiter High to a 9-3 record in 2008, he earned first team all-state honors and was named Offensive Player of the Year in Georgia's Class 5A by the Associated Press." Obviously, I would love Georgia to offer but I also understand that they need to find the best fit," Mason said. "I know they signed two Elite 11 quarterbacks (Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger) last year, but he said I could be an SEC quarterback. To hear that from someone like Coach Bobo kind of gave me a chill."

Ok, Iowa is the only big time offer the kid has yet he was Class 5A Offensive POY last year. What gives? It seems to me just like he stated above, he needs that first SEC offer then the rest will start pouring in. That is one thing I love about our Coaches, we don't wait for some one else to offer or look at the kids star ranking before we offer. Our Coaches evaluate the talent and get the kid on campus. If everything works out then the kid gets the offer to play for The Iowa Hawkeyes!!! I know Hutson really wants a Georgia offer but I really hope he doesn't get it. I think this kid could be another Drew Tate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment