Friday, June 5, 2009

“Once in a career” guy « On Iowa

“Once in a career” guy « On Iowa: "I did get a message from Northeast (St. Petersburg, Fla.) coach Jay Austin. He said he’d love to talk about Brinson, “one of my favorite people ever.” That got my attention. So, after a few rounds of phone tag, I talked with Austin about his time with Brinson, who’s No. 2 on the depth chart at running back behind sophomore Jewel Hampton."

A really nice read from Marc about Jeff Brinson from his high school coach Jay Austin. I have been impressed with all the things I have read about Jeff but this one puts Jeff at the top of one of my favorite Hawks. I haven't even seen the kid play and I like him!!! To turn down a FSU last minute full-court press to stick with the Hawkeyes is enough but how his Coach goes on about his faith, loyality, work ethic, etc just makes him that more admirable! I hope Jeff contributes along side of Jewel this season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment